Friday, May 23, 2008

Neil Gaiman

I just finished reading Stardust by Neil Gaiman. I found it to be a very enjoyable fairy tale, with loveable characters and a very nice world. It was especially interesting to me, because it was set in the 19th century England (the Fearie World being embedded into the real one, the link between them being a gap in a wall in the village of Wall).
I got interested in the writings of Neil Gaiman after I have read Good Omens, which was co-written with Terry Pratchett, which is a good recipe for a hilarious book which it is. I think it is the funniest yet that I have read of either Pratchett, or Gaiman. It is thus a very good starting point for these two authors.
After I finish reading my current batch of books, and make or get some money, provided that the dollar remains weak I will be sure to order some of his other books as well. So far I can say that I like his humour and his way of creating an imaginary universe, I have no idea whether I would like his thrillers or serious writing.

3 comments:

  1. Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up.Hand painted Original Murals

    ReplyDelete