Thursday, December 10, 2009

Look at the Birdie


I just finished reading Kurt Vonnegut's latest posthumous collection of short stories, entitled after one of the stories Look at the Birdie and in doing so I think I managed to read almost every book of his. The collection includes 14 previously unpublished stories.

These stories have the markings of typical Vonnegut works, with black humour, science fiction and absurd situation. I liked the stories, some of them more than the others, and I must admit, there was one or two that I did not get. Either way, I recommend the book to everyone who likes Vonnegut's style and earlier books.

Now that I have finished reading, I can start boxing up my books and sending them home...

2 comments:

  1. Hello Dami – I’m an author and a fellow Bookblogs member and I have an invitation for you. I’m getting in touch as my next novel, Thaw, will be posted online next year after its publication here in the UK. I wanted to invite you to participate in my Blogsplash on the 1st of March next year - there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm.

    Thanks for listening!
    Warmest,
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Kurt Vonnegut has written an interesting book so far. If you're interested, I can recommend a website. There are a lot of Vonnegut book. We'll see if you're interested.

    http://www.www.konyv-konyvek.hu/index.php?search_clicked=1&search_type=1&search=vonnegut

    ReplyDelete